Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm walking to make a difference

Do you ever wonder what you're doing in life? Why you bother? Who even notices?

Do you ever feel like you're just treading water in your life? Like every day is the same as the one that came before? Like you're using up more than you're creating? That you're not making any progress?

I feel that way a lot. That's one big reason why I'm doing this 3-day, 60-mile walk. I want to make a difference. I want to contribute. I want to help. I want to be part of something important.

Breast cancer sucks. It sneaks into our lives, uninvited and unwelcomed. It ravages our bodies, and all too often it takes away our precious loved ones. It really sucks.

But I am going to make a difference. I am going to raise critical funding that will go directly toward finding a cure. I will provide money that will improve treatment options for women and men affected by this disease. I will make it possible for vulnerable and hurting women to find comfort and care.

By taking part in this awesome event, I will be contributing. I will be helping. I will be part of something really important. I will be saying "I was here." And the world will be better for it.

Would you like to join me? Please donate.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya girl!! I'm walking for the same reasons. Go us!

    ReplyDelete